التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

These are the Nintendo 3DS games I’m playing on vacation

It’s Memorial Day weekend here in the States, and that means trips to the beach for us East Coasters in the Mid-Atlantic. Well, I’m sure tons of people across the country are water bound, whether it’s the coast of a lake that they’re heading to.

My trip is sort of a long one for Delaware. Thanks to the traffic, we’re looking at around four hours of travel in the car just to get to the beach area. Then we have to make it the next leg which tends to be rather long thanks to all the lights and additional traffic.

My wife’s driving. Ha. That means I need something to do. I’m bringing my computer for work, but I’m also bringing a bunch of games.

Going to the beach with a toddler means having a really weird schedule. While I’m on the sand with the family, all I’ll be doing is hanging out with them. When he hits the sack at the glorious hour of 7pm, I’ll have time to drink, chill out and play games. Last year it was Shovel Knight on the 3DS. This year? A whole variety of things.

See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo

Stretchmo

I love Pushmo. Pushmo, Crashmo and Pushmo World are installed on both my Nintendo 3DS and my Wii U respectively. The games that star Mallo are of the puzzle variety. Blocks need to be pushed, pulled and dropped in order to reach the tops of 3D towers and save the kids trapped inside.

Sounds sort of creepy, sure.

Stretchmo is a free download, though it’s really only seven stages worth of content in it that you can play without paying. It took me about five minutes. If you’ve never played these games, it might take you a touch longer. Only a touch, though. Promise.

From there, if you want to keep going, you can buy puzzle packs with themes. There’s the standard pack that includes 100 puzzles. Then there are three more packs with themes that include around 50 puzzles. All of them together cost something like $9.99, and that means 250 puzzles plus access to the creation studio.

See, in Pushmo (or Stretchmo in this case) you can make your own puzzles. You can also tap into the community’s pile of puzzles to download even more.

Give it a try if you have a 3DS, it’s one of my favorite modern puzzle games. I genuinely believe it’s underplayed for how good it really is.

See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

I have several games installed on my 3DS. Most of them are of the long-haul, tons of playtime variety.

I still haven’t beaten Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, and I’ve decided that I’m using my time at the beach to make that happen. While we’re sitting on the porch drinking and chatting, I’ll be running quests and slaying monsters.

Sure, my father-in-law might make fun of me. When he sees how pumped I am about the new Calico armor I pick up, he’s really gonna have a laugh.

That’s about the time I’ll say something about paying for beer and he’ll stop. Ah family, so awesome.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is going down. Or, maybe, the first half as I restart my adventure.

See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

I know. Old as dirt. When I’m away from home, I almost always enjoy sessions with Animal Crossing on my 3DS. Whether it’s catching up with the residents, checking out what’s on sale at the various shops or just fishing and selling my hauls for sweet, sweet Bells, Animal Crossing is great.

It’s the stress relief factor, quite frankly. There are few games out there that manage to calm me down quite like Animal Crossing. So, after I’m done cooking for the family, watching the kid on a beach all day and finished going for a run around the lengthy lagoon trail, I chill with Animal Crossing.

So, Stretchmo, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. That’s my plan for this trip. I beat Shovel Knight last year. I doubt I’ll do the same here.



from TechnoBuffalo http://ift.tt/1IRvxMK

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Tesla Model S update promises to solve “range anxiety”

Tesla announced a new update coming to its Model S car this year which should make it impossible to ever drive too far away from a charging station, at least on purpose. The company also confirmed plans to add auto-steering features later this year. Ahead of the recent event, CEO Elon Musk promised to kill “range anxiety” once and for all, describing the concern some Tesla drivers feel over whether they’ll be able to reach a charging station in time. Once the firmware update (version 6.2) hits, it will add a Range Assurance application that keeps track of your location and the nearest chargers. The app, which always runs in the background, will send a notification to the driver if he or she is about to wander out of range so that they can turn around in time. “This makes it effectively impossible for a Model S driver to run out of range unintentionally,” Musk said. Version 6.2 should roll out in the next two weeks. It also includes a new Trip Planner feature that helps map out long...

Kickstart this smart peephole and screen visitors on your phone

The front door peephole is due for an upgrade. After all, why stare through a tiny hole in your door when you can gawk at would-be visitors right on your smartphone? That’s the idea behind Peeple , a cool new Kickstarter project trying to raise $50,000. See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo Peeple comes packed with a camera, along with plenty of sensors and a removable battery that should last 6-months per charge. You can install it yourself without too much effort by screwing the device into a regular peephole or sticking it to a glass door. Then just connect to your home Wi-Fi and you’re ready to go. Every time someone knocks on your door, your phone will get a notification thanks to a free app for iOS and Android. Then with a few quick taps you can pull up a live video of your front door. That means you can see who’s outside without getting off the couch or even when you’re not at home. Peeple can also let you know when someone opens the door to leave, in case you’re taking care ...

Ask Jon anything: Reddit AMA, Monday, May 18 2PM PST/5PM EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boq3AgareSU What would you like to ask Jon Rettinger? Of course we already host our weekly “Ask the Buffalo” show but unfortunately not all questions can be answered in the short amount of time we have for each video. So he’s taking to Reddit to answer your questions, ALL your question. The AMA will be hosted on the official Android subreddit . So be there,  http://ift.tt/mvL3TR , Monday, May 18 at 2:00 pm PST / 5:00 pm EST. It will be a lot of fun. from TechnoBuffalo http://ift.tt/1Fp5agD