التخطي إلى المحتوى الرئيسي

The one camera I’ll be using this Memorial Day

See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo

Memorial Day weekend is finally here. It’s always an exciting time for me. I pack up the car with my fishing poles, roll the windows down, turn up some Bruce Springsteen and hit the beach for the weekend. It’s also a weekend I try to take advantage of some of the more rugged gadgets I have, since it’s finally starting to get warm enough to get in the water (up to my knees, if it’s colder).

In the past, I’ve used Memorial Day weekend to test out various rugged iPhone cases, the Galaxy S5 and more. This year I’m planning to hit the beach with the HTC RE camera. Sure, we’ve already tested it, but it costs a lot less than the GoPro and was basically designed for this sort of outing. It’s not perfect, and I’ll probably walk around the BBQ with a nicer camera, but the design is perfect for on-the-go photos. Here’s a sample:

See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo

I don’t think it will hold up well in the salt water, so I don’t plan to go swimming with it, but it should be a solid option to grab pictures while I’m fishing in my waders, while I’m digging into some crab at a restaurant and while I’m snapping fisheye photos of my puppy running along the beach.

Here’s to hoping the weather is nice and the water is warm enough for some swimming. We here at TechnoBuffalo hope you all have a happy and enjoyable holiday.

Have a gadget you’ll be using this weekend? Let us know about it!



from TechnoBuffalo http://ift.tt/1cTyQ8o

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

Tesla Model S update promises to solve “range anxiety”

Tesla announced a new update coming to its Model S car this year which should make it impossible to ever drive too far away from a charging station, at least on purpose. The company also confirmed plans to add auto-steering features later this year. Ahead of the recent event, CEO Elon Musk promised to kill “range anxiety” once and for all, describing the concern some Tesla drivers feel over whether they’ll be able to reach a charging station in time. Once the firmware update (version 6.2) hits, it will add a Range Assurance application that keeps track of your location and the nearest chargers. The app, which always runs in the background, will send a notification to the driver if he or she is about to wander out of range so that they can turn around in time. “This makes it effectively impossible for a Model S driver to run out of range unintentionally,” Musk said. Version 6.2 should roll out in the next two weeks. It also includes a new Trip Planner feature that helps map out long...

Ask Jon anything: Reddit AMA, Monday, May 18 2PM PST/5PM EST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boq3AgareSU What would you like to ask Jon Rettinger? Of course we already host our weekly “Ask the Buffalo” show but unfortunately not all questions can be answered in the short amount of time we have for each video. So he’s taking to Reddit to answer your questions, ALL your question. The AMA will be hosted on the official Android subreddit . So be there,  http://ift.tt/mvL3TR , Monday, May 18 at 2:00 pm PST / 5:00 pm EST. It will be a lot of fun. from TechnoBuffalo http://ift.tt/1Fp5agD

Kickstart this smart peephole and screen visitors on your phone

The front door peephole is due for an upgrade. After all, why stare through a tiny hole in your door when you can gawk at would-be visitors right on your smartphone? That’s the idea behind Peeple , a cool new Kickstarter project trying to raise $50,000. See full gallery on TechnoBuffalo Peeple comes packed with a camera, along with plenty of sensors and a removable battery that should last 6-months per charge. You can install it yourself without too much effort by screwing the device into a regular peephole or sticking it to a glass door. Then just connect to your home Wi-Fi and you’re ready to go. Every time someone knocks on your door, your phone will get a notification thanks to a free app for iOS and Android. Then with a few quick taps you can pull up a live video of your front door. That means you can see who’s outside without getting off the couch or even when you’re not at home. Peeple can also let you know when someone opens the door to leave, in case you’re taking care ...