NVIDIA is rolling out its latest Android 5.1 update for the Shield Tablet. The release brings a bunch of improvements and fixes, support for Android for Work, and a firmware update for the Shield controller.
NVIDIA has been quick to deliver the latest Android updates to its customers, thanks mostly to its near pure Android firmware which includes only a small number of NVIDIA apps and tweaks. It’s no surprise to see Android 5.1 is already on its way, then.
Here’s the complete list of changes and improvements this release brings:
Upgrade Android Operating System to version 5.
- Improved performance and responsiveness.
- Enhanced security, including support for Android for Work.
- Improved quick-settings menu, profile management etc.
Improved display performance
- Enabled Global Tone Mapping feature. This feature can be toggled by the user.
New firmware update for the SHIELD controller
- Improved pairing experience and other optimizations
- Please note: You can update the SHIELD controller over WiFi. Look out for a notification on your SHIELD tablet.
System wide improvements including camera, audio, modem (LTE only) and other fixes
NVIDIA says this upgrade is available now over-the-air for all Shield Tablet owners, so if you haven’t already received a notification, check for it manually from within the Software Update section in the Settings app.
Via: Android Central
from TechnoBuffalo http://ift.tt/1FNKpvc